Teladoc© – Benefit Highlight
Teladoc© is the largest telemedicine provider in the U.S. and the one of the most valuable benefits offered by Control Alt Med. It gives members 24/7 access to board-certified physicians by phone or video who can diagnose illnesses, recommend treatment, and even call a prescription to a local pharmacy when medically necessary. It is offered on both the Elite (Alt+Med) and Premier Plan (Full Ctrl) and provides access to the card-holder along with his/her immediate family with a $0 co-pay for unlimited use.
To get in touch with a doctor, call the Teladoc number on the back of your CAM card and a live physician will call you back within typically 10-20 minutes. Your first contact, however, will require an extra step to get registered within the system (just like filling out doctor’s office paperwork), so we highly recommend doing this as soon as you receive your membership card to avoid delays when you really need medical attention. And keep in mind, your telemedicine doctor may recommend that you go to a local medical facility for more serious ailments.
- Typical doctor visit takes 121 minutes: 37 minutes travel, 64 minutes waiting and paperwork, 20 minutes face-to-face with doctor
- A telemedicine doctor will call you back within 10-20 minutes and most issues are diagnosed within 20 minutes
- Medical absenteeism costs patients $43 in lost time for each medical visit and cost businesses $100Billion in last productivity each year
- With telehealth, employees can get quality care anytime, anywhere in the U.S.
- Employees pay an average of $3,600 in out-of-pocket healthcare costs each year
- Employers can enhance compensation package with the Control Alt Med non-insured benefit offerings for less than 1/10 the cost
- 58% of employees report workplace benefits to be an important driver of retention and loyalty
- Employers can strengthen their workforce and stay competitive in the employee marketplace by offering benefits that provide a complete solution for today’s changing healthcare industry.