What is Open Enrollment Season?
In lieu of this month’s World of Solutions, we decided to bring the topic closer to home and attempt to relieve some stress around the topic of Open Enrollment.
Open enrollment season typically falls at the end of the calendar year, and is the time where companies make changes to their insurance plans and offerings. This topic causes a great number of people to break into a sweat (especially HR managers and busy moms), and employees wonder what the outcome will be and what decisions they will have to make in regards to balancing costs versus risk to their family.
This only applies to major insurance, however. And as we often reiterate… Control Alt Med is not insurance. And since stress is not healthy, we offer some options that may provide a level of comfort as you and your colleagues contemplate your insurance choices for 2019.
- Ctrl Alt Med, or CAM, is a membership that can provide extra low or no cost benefits for those on high-deductible insurance plans
- CAM can offer alternatives for those individuals that do not have access to alternative care, dental or vision insurance
- CAM helps reduce time away from work with benefits like Teledoc© and Retail Clinic discounts for physicals and flu shots
- A CAM Membership can be an attractive bonus with built-in discounts for Pet Care and Roadside Assistance
- There are no citizenship, age, sexual orientation or pre-existing condition restrictions with a CAM Membership
- One CAM Membership per employee covers the entire family at no extra cost
- And finally, there is no such thing as Open Enrollment Season for CAM. It can be added or changed at any time.
Hope that helps. Now go grab a Chai Tea and relax…